Ways and methods of application of the medicinal mineral water.
The effect of the mineral water is determined by the composition of its chemical elements and compounds (salts and ions). The Chortoq mineral water has a rather complex composition, and its effect on the organism is therefore very multifaceted. The level of the effect may also depend on the way water is taken. Chortoq medicinal and table mineral water can be consumed both for quenching thirst (the water must be at room temperature) and for home treatment (several methodologies will be given below).
When prescribing medicinal mineral drinking water, several factors are taken into account: general state of the patient, course and properties of the disease, and gastric acidity. The Well No. 32 water is prescribed to be taken at 3.5 - 4 ml per kilogram of weight three times a day (150-250 ml). One should drink the mineral water taking a starting dose of 50-100 ml, increasing it to the normal dose by the 2nd or 3rd days.
● Gastric lavage with mineral water
It is used to treat chronic gastritis in cases of accumulated mucus, insufficient motility of stomach wall muscles, spasms, enlargement or narrowing of pylorus (from Latin Pylorus – pylorus, a small portion of the stomach separating it from the duodenum; it regulates fractional receipt of gastric food fluid to the duodenal section), and constipation.
It is prescribed to be taken twice a week, with a course of 4-5 procedures.
● Duodenal drainage with mineral water
It is conducted by inserting a probe into the duodenum in case of gallbladder and biliary tract diseases.
The course consists of 4-5 procedures (2 procedures a week). The mineral water is ingested heated to +40°C temperature.
When this procedure is contraindicated, tubáge [tubeless intubation / liver/gallbladder flush] using mineral water and xylitol is prescribed.
● Tubáge is a method of tubeless flushing by reflex passage of water through bile ducts and bladder.
The procedure is conducted during the morning fast, with the duration of about 1.5 hours. 200 ml water is heated to +40°С, and 1-2 spoons of xylitol are added. The patient should lie on his/her right side, preliminarily applying a hot water bottle to it. Water should be drunk in small sips for 20-30 minutes. The course consists of 6-8 procedures.
● Bowel irrigation
It is used to treat spastic, atonic, dyskinetic constipation; congenital defects such as pulled and distended intestine; intestinal infection; disorders associated with gallbladder and pancreas diseases; and skin diseases.
The course consists of 4-6 procedures twice a week.
● Mineral water microenemas
If there are contraindications to irrigating the bowel with mineral water (intestinal mucosa erosion, ulcer diseases, haemorrhoids), microenema is prescribed.
The course includes 6-7 procedures. Upon expiration of 3-4 months after the treatment, the course of procedures can be repeated. But it should be remembered that excessive consumption of mineral water may be harmful to health.
● Reflux oesophagitis: dyspeptic, dysphagic, and combined types (during improvement period);
● Secretory deficiency in chronic gastritis, and other types of gastritis (during remission);
● Gastric and duodenal ulcers (during remission);
● Gastric and duodenal diseases (during postoperative period);
● Chronic colitis and mild and moderate enterocolitis (during remission);
● Intestinal dyskinesia or atony, constipation, or diarrhoea;
● Chronic hepatitis, cholecystitis, angiocholitis;
● Gallbladder and biliary dyskinesia;
● Perigastritis, periduodenitis, perihepatitis, pericholecystitis, pericolitis (non-tuberculous chronic tumours, gastric cavity surgeries) (except for acute forms);
● Type 1-2 diabetes mellitus;